SPECIALIZED RECREATION INSTRUCTOR-AERIAL FABRIC
|Position:||Specialized Recreation Instructor- Aerial Fabric|
|Reports to:||Recreation Supervisor-Gymnastics|
|Location:||Wulf Recreation Center|
|Status:||Part-Time 2 (< 20 hours per week)|
|Hourly Wage:||$21.00-$28.00 hourly|
Nature of Work
Under the direction of the Supervisor, this position is responsible for teaching skills in the specified activity/sport in a public recreational facility by performing the duties as outlined in the job description.
- Assists in the explanation and demonstration on the use of apparatus and/or equipment.
- Proactively monitor and assist in the prevention and response to emergencies.
- Assists in the explanation and demonstration of principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, and feet to achieve proficiency.
- Observe participants to detect and correct mistakes.
- Assists with the explanation and enforcement of safety rules and regulations.
- Assists with supervision of participants at parties and special events when applicable.
- Finds substitutes for classes when not available.
- Communicates with parents, participants, and supervisor regularly.
- Move, set up and clean up for participants, including but not limited to pushing or pulling up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess a highly defined focus toward both internal and external guest service.
- Create interesting and up-to-date programs.
- Demonstrate proper techniques.
- Keep accurate record of participants' attendance, payment, and progress.
- Report all accidents and injuries that occur in class, following District procedures.
- Cooperate with Recreation Supervisor - Programs in outlining the program: establishing standards, scheduling classes, and making decisions concerning class structure.
- Assist in regular evaluation of the program and individual instruction.
- Attend staff meetings when scheduled.
- Dress appropriately for activity.
- Report absenteeism to Supervisor and arrange for substitution.
- Substitute for other instructors as needed and available.
Management & Supervisory Duties
- Oversees activities and actions of applicable program participants.
Illustrative Examples of Duties
- Set up class-specific equipment and return to storage.
- Perform all required duties in a timely manner as assigned.
- Check equipment on a regular basis to ensure a safe environment for class participants.
- Assist in maintaining area cleanliness and acceptable levels of sanitation.
- Administer first aid and/or emergency care when necessary, or solicit help from a qualified staff member.
- Report any problems to the Supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Skills, as applicable, to assist participants, including extended periods of standing and stabilizing others.
- Expert knowledge of modern principles, instructional methods, practices, equipment, and techniques relating to the functional areas of responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable class curriculum and/or lesson plans.
- Knowledge of District policies and procedures.
- Ability to transfer knowledge of specialized area to class participants.
- Ability to instruct participants properly and safely to reach goal.
Required Training, Experience & Qualifications
- 1 - 3 years of instructional experience in aerial fabric.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications or obtain within 6 months.