Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
|Reports to:||Programs and Guest Services Supervisor|
|Location:||Buchanan Recreation & Wulf Recreation Centers|
|Status:||Part-Time 2 (10-20 hours per week)|
|Hourly Wage:||$21.53-$30.64 hourly (hiring range: $21.53-$26.09)|
Nature of Work
Under the direction of the Programs and Guest Services Supervisor, this position is responsible for instructing patrons in weight training, where students use resistance to maintain or develop fitness. This position is responsible for providing a safe and effective program that meets the client's fitness goals. Performs baseline tests. Maintains current and accurate client files.
- Create interesting and up-to-date programs for one on one sessions, group workouts, and orientation classes.
- Instruct weekly classes designed to increase stamina and build strength.
- Demonstrate proper lifting techniques.
- Monitor weight room during open floor hours.
- Check facility and equipment on a regular basis to ensure a safe environment for patrons.
- Report all accidents and injuries that occur in class, following District procedures.
- Administer first aid when necessary, or solicit help from a qualified staff member.
- Attend staff meetings when scheduled.
- Report any problem situations to the Supervisor.
- Dress appropriately for activity.
- Report absenteeism to Supervisor and to Cashiers, and arrange for substitutions.
- Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service.
- Substitute for other instructors as needed and available.
Management & Supervisory Duties
- Supervise weight-training patrons as needed.
Illustrative Examples of Duties
- Keep area picked up.
- Enforce weight room etiquette and policies.
- Return phone calls promptly.
- Maintain communications with stakeholders and supervisors.
- Provide feedback as it relates to growth and Improvement of services.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Extensive knowledge of resistance training methods and techniques
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of District
- Ability to transfer knowledge of weight training to class participants.
Required Training, Experience & Qualifications
- Four (4) year degree in Exercise Physiology or similar experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Hold certification in industry recognized program.
- Attend workshops and seminars in area of instruction.
- One (1) year resistance instruction training.
- Two (2) years weight training experience.
*Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
The Evergreen Park & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
EPRD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Position Type: Part-Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - $50,000