|Reports to:||Recreation Supervisor-Athletics|
|Hourly Wage:||$13.00-$20.00 hourly|
Nature of Work
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor - Athletics, this position is responsible for coaching a specified team.
- Trains and conditions athletes by explaining and demonstrating principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, and feet to achieve proficiency.
- Observe athletes during practice to detect and correct mistakes.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations
- Explains method of timekeeping
- Organizes and conducts practice sessions and competitions
- Purchases, sells, maintains, or repairs equipment
- Keeps record of receipts and expenditures
- Teaches history and purposes of sport
- Communicates with athletes, parents and community
- Coordinate with coaches of opposing teams
- Coordinate with host agencies at meets
- Encouraged to attend a coaches’ teaching clinic
- Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service
- Teaches fundamental skills and rules of game, teamwork and sportsmanship
Management & Supervisory Duties
- Supervise assistant coach(es)
- Schedule the hours of assistants
- Reviews and authorizes time sheets for the subordinate coaching staff
Illustrative Examples of Duties
- Plan and direct athletic skill development for athletes.
- Coordinate all activities in preparation for competition
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly motivated, organized and creative
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of the rules, techniques and skills for the specified sport
- Knowledge of District policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of MS Word
- Understanding of age appropriate conditioning
- Coaching and teaching ability
Required Training, Experience & Qualifications
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree (BS degree) in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or related area with emphasis in coaching; or similar experience
- CPR and first aid certification
- Previous coaching or teaching experience is preferred
*Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
The Evergreen Park & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
EPRD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.