Gymnastics Coordinator 1
Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
GYMNASTICS COORDINATOR 1
|Position:||Gymnastics Coordinator 1|
|Reports to:||Recreation Supervisor-Gymnastics|
|Location:||Wulf Recreation Center|
|Hourly Wage:||$19.47-$30.70 hourly (hiring range: $19.47-$25.08)|
NATURE OF WORK
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor-Gymnastics, this position is responsible for organizing and conducting all recreation programs, as well as instructing classes while supporting the Gymnastics Supervisor with administrative duties.
- Coordinates and promotes recreation programs including camps.
- Responsible for teaching recreation classes and subbing as needed.
- Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service.
- Coordinate class and staff schedules with Supervisor and Team Coordinator.
- Responsible for development of program curriculum.
- Teach recreation groups through all rotations that are considered safe by current standards.
- Explain and demonstrate age appropriate gymnastics skills.
- Observe and assist participants in acquiring new skills.
- Set up equipment and circuits specific to each class.
- Check equipment and gym regularly to ensure a safe environment for participants.
- Maintain accurate records of participants' attendance, payment, and progress and feedback.
- Report accidents and injuries that occur during class Administer first-aid as necessary.
- Inform parents of program policies and information.
- Assist recreation supervisor-gymnastics by providing input for classes and camps for District's seasonal brochure, budget, and marketing.
- Attend trainings, clinics, and conferences to learn new or different ideas.
- Find substitutes for classes when not available.
- Organizes and maintains gym.
- Answer phones and return messages as needed.
- Responsible for preparing all administrative paperwork for the recreation program.
- Review website and help Gymnastics Supervisor with marketing/website needs.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISORY DUTIES
- Provide proper training by instructing recreation instructors and aids on spotting skills, refining current coaching skills, and ensuring staff attendance in spotting clinics.
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with other District personnel, the general public, and representatives of other government agencies.
- Meets with program staff regularly.
- Provides staff evaluation input to recreation supervisor-gymnastics.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Create handouts and emails to inform gymnasts and parents of upcoming events and current program information
- Set up and clean up gym for daily circuits
- Use current computer software to produce attendance sheets for instructors
- Use current computer software to determine participation and revenue
- Create weekly outline of themes and circuits for classes for instructors to follow
- Physical education instruction skills
- Basic computer skills in MS Office
- Organizational skills
- Advanced customer service and phone etiquette skills
- Expert knowledge of preschool and grade school aged children and gymnastics fundamentals.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of the District
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in an indoor environment with frequent interruptions and distractions
- Ability to instruct gymnasts properly and safely to reach goal
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Four (4) year degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Early Childhood Education, or equivalent education and experience
- CPR/AED, and First-Aid Certification, or have the ability to obtain within six-months (6) of employment
- KAT Safety Certification through USAG or equivalent
- MELPD through USAG
- One (1) year program coordination experience
- Two (2) years coaching experience
*Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
The Evergreen Park & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
EPRD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.