Children's Program Leader
CHILDREN’S PROGRAM LEADER
|Position:||Children’s Program Leader|
|Reports to:||Recreation Supervisor-Children’s Programs|
|Location:||Various locations throughout the District|
|Status:||Part-Time 2 (< 20 hours per week) & Part-Time 1 (20-29 hours per week)|
Nature of Work
Under the direction of the Children's Program Director, the Children's Program Leader is responsible for teaching and supervising participants in the child care programs offered by the District.
- Develops strong relationships with patron families through effective communication and daily interactions.
- Plans and implements the program.
- Supervises and facilitates daily activities and aid in the instruction of specialized activities such as swimming, tennis, archery, sailing, canoeing, and arts & crafts.
- Assists bus driver by supervising participants in transporting participants on field trips.
- Monitors participants by taking name count, and number count on a regular basis, and assigning buddies on all field trips including swimming.
- Supervises participants at all times.
- Report accidents and injuries that occur in programs. Provide first aid as needed.
- Set up and clean up activity area and vans as needed.
- Report absenteeism to supervisor, and arrange for substitutions.
- Attend orientation, scheduled staff meetings, and trainings.
- Communicates daily with parents in a positive manner regarding participant's activities.
- Interact individually or in groups with the participants in order to help them engage in creative/educational play.
- Report any problem situations to the supervisor.
- Dress appropriately for activities.
- Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- Assist in keeping accurate records of information regarding the parents and the participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervision of children.
- Assists with cleaning areas and equipment. Participate in trainings and staff meetings.
- Lead participants in activities.
- Assist with planning activities.
- Assist with communication with parents.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Basic math/accounting skills.
- Basic Macintosh terminal and MS Office Suite skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be highly motivated, organized, and creative.
- Thorough knowledge of modern principles, methods, practices and equipment relating to the functional areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of instruction methods with participants.
- Knowledge of needs and age appropriate activities for participants.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the District and state licensing.
- Ability to work in a "structured chaos" environment.
- Ability to demonstrate and lead activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, civic organizations, community agencies, parents and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, cooperative, and focused.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated responsiveness and sensitivity to the needs of children, and parents.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be Preschool Leader or School Aged Leader Qualified.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with children, dependability and a promotion of professional development and teamwork; must also be committed to the success of the children and their families.
- Current CPR, First Aid Certifications, and Universal Precautions.
- Must have at least 480 hours of experience working with "like" participants.
- May be required to get medical administration.
- Medical records which verify employee is free from emotional, mental, or physical illness and free from evidence of personal conduct detrimental to the health, safety or well-being of children and youth, self or District.
- Complete state licensing requirements and annual training.
The Evergreen Park & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
EPRD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.