Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator
Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
Center for the Arts Evergreen is seeking a part-time Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator. Founded in 1974, Center for the Arts Evergreen (CAE) has been a leader in advocacy and support for visual and performing arts in its surrounding mountain communities by providing programming, exhibitions, classes, festivals, concerts, and special events for the community. Learn more at evergreenarts.org
The Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator reports to the Senior Director and also works collaboratively with CAE’s Executive Director, Events Manager, and other staff. Specific marketing duties include creation and distribution of internal, print, and digital advertising materials and campaigns; content creation and management of CAE website; social media management and implementation; creation and distribution of press releases; administrative marketing duties such as posting community event listings and educational offerings online. Candidate must have strong graphic design skills. The Marketing/PR Coordinator must be an organized multitasker who can work under pressure and meet tight timelines while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinate monthly arts calendar with other local non-profits
- Design monthly postcards and coordinate mailing
- Plan, execute and track email, digital, social media, and content campaigns, creating original content, conducting market research, and identifying trends.
- Create an average of 5 advertisements a month for various media in different formats
- Design logos, banners, brochures, vinyl, posters, flyers, and all other signage for exhibits and events
- Compose and distribute all press releases for major events and exhibitions
- Maintain/update the CAE website content on a weekly basis
- Coordinate with team members to create and distribute weekly email communications (Canvas) through Constant Contact
- Post CAE event listings, exhibitions, and educational offerings online to community calendars.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Experience with social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, , and Constant Contact
- Basic HTML & CSS knowledge needed. Experience operating content management systems (WordPress) needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent command of written English and strong editing skills with a high degree of attention to detail and copy accuracy. Must have solid understanding of AP Style guidelines
- Must have good customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Successful working both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Digital Media or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in marketing, social or digital media, or a similar role
- Experience in the arts is a plus
COMPENSATION AND DETAILS
- This position will start as a part-time position (20 hrs/week) with the possibility of becoming full-time by the end of the year. The hourly rate is $20-25/hour commensurate with experience.
- The job can be conducted ¾ time in our office (31880 Rocky Village Drive, Evergreen) and ¼ remotely.
- CAE is an easy commute (30 min) from downtown Denver, just off of I-70
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to CAE’s Senior Director: email@example.com include “Marketing/PR Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
- No applications will be accepted after May 15, 2021.
- Absolutely no phone inquiries please.