Technical Solutions Manager
Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
Technical Solutions Manager
|Position:||Technical Solutions Manager|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Location:||EPRD Admin. Office & Telecommute Schedule|
|Hourly Wage:||$68,000 - $88,000 Annually|
Nature of Work
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Technical Solutions Manager will require a very broad range of IT skills; from providing low level help desk functions to developing a high-level IT vision utilizing customized software applications. This role is solely responsible for the hands on administration and oversight of the District’s information systems and technology including Web Development, Application Development, Desktop Support, Asset Management, Server Support, Communications systems support, Network Administration and Firewall administration. A technology enthusiast who is eager to learn new systems outside of their normal domain will truly thrive in this role.
- Performs all desktop support, including but not limited to maintenance, setup ghosting, installing, updating and troubleshooting of PCs, Macs, Laptops, PDAs and all other servers and workstations, printers, peripherals and office automation software; diagnosing and correcting desktop application problems, configuring laptops and desktops for standard applications, identifying and correcting end user hardware problems, performing advanced troubleshooting, providing website support.
- Responsible for maintaining email accounts for new hires and terminations.
- Responsible for the maintenance, operation and planning of the District’s information and technology needs including network servers, data storage, network operating systems, email systems, data access security, data backup & recovery systems and telecommunications.
- Develops, recommends and implements, information systems policies and procedures including networking, security, backup and recovery, technology standards, training, support, and emergency preparedness.
- Responsible for web site development, implementation, support and modification.
- Manages computer systems and networks to include complex applications, database, messaging, web, security certificates, and other servers and associated hardware.
- Develops the budget for District wide expenditures on technology and manages all information technology assets.
- Manages and develops technology based Capital Improvement Projects, including services for major system enhancements.
- Oversees and maintains systems security including, but not limited to use of firewalls, anti-malware, virus detection and scanning programs, spam filtering, information access controls and security policies.
- Responds to emergencies during off duty hours.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in information technology, making recommendations as necessary in order to keep District information systems and technology current.
- Responsible for organizing and/or providing network security awareness training for staff annually.
- This position is part of the Executive Management Team, but does not currently supervise any employees.
- The incumbent in this position operates independently in responding to user requests as well as the general execution of their duties.
- Thorough knowledge and Desktop Support Expertise in:
- Active Directory
- Anti-Virus Software (McAfee, Avast, etc.)
- Mac and Windows
- Remote Desktop (VNC, vPro)
- Windows Server
- Thorough knowledge and experience in developing applications in several languages including:
- .Net Core
- Xamarin – (Phone Apps)
- Basic knowledge of Firewall configuration and/or maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of Macintosh computers, Microsoft Office Suite and computer/network configuration.
- Working knowledge of desktop and peripheral set up and routine troubleshooting, networking and security.
- Working technical knowledge of computer internal components.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong troubleshooting and project management skills.
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize work and determine solutions.
- Ability to input, obtain, output, analyze and interpret data using computers and any applicable software.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs by effectively and proactively supporting EPRD’s employees, technologies and operation.
- Ability to work independently with little or no technical supervision or support.
- Ability to work with staff who are not well versed in information technology.
- 6-12 years’ experience providing technical assistance and support for IT.
- Expertise and demonstrated experience in Desktop support. Leadership role preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of Web Site Development.
- Experience with and knowledge of Application Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work may be considered.
- A+ Certification
- The ability to understand and follow oral instruction.
- The ability to understand and follow written instruction.
- The ability to guide and/or provide instruction.
- The ability to make decisions based on the parameters of established policies and procedures.
- The ability to understand the general meaning of the English language and to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately aided by a calculator, adding machine, or measuring device.
- Ability to use the following:
|Telephone Communications||Hand Tools|
|Manipulation of computer keyboard and mouse|
*Please note one may be walking and/or running of terrain or various textures (i.e. flat, rough, mountainous, etc.)
Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, and/or Crawling
- Please note all positions within this organization require one to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The ability to perform these tasks are considered necessary for all available positions.
The Evergreen Park & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
EPRD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.