Oral Surgery Office Assistant
Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
Oral Surgery Assistant
Responsible for maintaining a neat, organized, and well documented sterilization department.
- Clean, package, sterilize, and store instruments according to sterile technique
- Maintain accurate logs on the surgical instruments/autoclaves/hand pieces/and daily test strips
- Maintain monthly spore test on autoclave cleanings initial each entry with date and time.
- Maintain log of fire extinguisher checks throughout the office
- Clean and maintain in working order surgical hand pieces and maintain accurate repair logs on the surgical hand pieces.
- Keep oral surgery units ready, stocked and clean
- Oversee cleanliness of the treatment room according to sterilization procedures
- Sterilize all instruments and hand pieces according to OSHA regulations
- Keep trays, instruments and treatment room drawers organized
- Ensure that office sterilization procedures document is on display
- Help in other areas of the office when necessary (i.e., answering phones, unpacking supplies, completing insurance forms, moving former patient records, etc.)
- Be an active participant in team meetings
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients, doctors, other staff members and community
- Effective verbal skills to communicate with patients and staff
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of accredited oral surgery assisting program or oral surgery assisting experience preferred but not required
- Coursework in oral surgery instruments and procedures
- Compliance with state oral surgery practice requirements (i.e., X-ray requirements, OSHA training)
- Legible handwriting for notations in patient chart
- Computer skills (list computer skills required any specific oral surgery software)
- Commitment to CE for career development