Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is looking for a full-time Intake Coordinator to be a vital member of our patient care/administrative team in Evergreen, Colorado (located in the foothills only 20 miles from downtown Denver).
About the position
This position will:
- Serve as a liaison between staff and family for initiation and coordination of patient care.
- Receive referrals from physicians, hospitals, and care homes and manage initial staffing of home health care, palliative care, or hospice care for patients.
- Review and enter new referrals into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and assigns staff.
- Ensure seamless transition of patients to home care by providing patient education and preparation for home care, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources, physicians, hospitals key contacts, and payor sources.
- Maintain working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Hospice, commercial and insurance issues.
- Work closely with insurance/billing partner to update, verify and authorize processes as needed.
- Fax labs and orders to appropriate providers and clinicians.
- Assist with daily patient staffing needs, on call visits and weekend scheduling.
- Answer phone calls to agency from patients and staff as needed.
- Work 40 hours a week with rotating weekends. (Typical schedule either 8:00 am to 4:30 pm or 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.)
- Be based out of our offices in Evergreen.
- Be hourly and have access to a full benefits package.
- Have a salary range of $16.00 – $20.00/hour.
You must (required):
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Understand family interactions and the aging process.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and families, staff members, and the general public.
- Be able to guide and assist staff members in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Have a basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Have excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Work well as part of a team and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Have outstanding customer service, phone, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Provide documentation of full COVID-19 vaccination or documentation requesting a reasonable exemption for medical or religious reasons.
- Have proof of legal right to work in the United States.
- Have one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a health care field.
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is located in Colorado’s beautiful foothills just outside Denver and serves the mountain communities in Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties. Our award-winning agency is the number one choice for Hospice, Home Health Care, and Palliative Care in our four-county service area. Our agency’s culture is welcoming, collaborative, and supportive. Come be a part of our compassionate and experienced care team!
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We offer competitive hourly rates commensurate with relevant experience. We offer a full benefits package including: health insurance coverage, life insurance, and paid time off as well as access to voluntary 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account participation, employee-paid dental and vision coverage, and more.
If you’re interested in this position, fill out our online employment application and upload your cover letter and resume.
Online Employment Application link
Or email your PDF cover letter and resume along with our Application for Employment to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Intake Coordinator search” in your subject line. Help us reduce our paper waste—there’s no need to send a hard copy.
This position is open until filled.