Mount Evans Director of Resource Development
Director of Resource Development - Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice seeks a seasoned fundraising professional to join its leadership team as Director of Resource Development. This position is a direct report to the MEHHC&H President & CEO, and is the senior executive responsible for major donor fundraising elements of the agency. This includes providing guidance and strategic direction for the fundraising program. This senior executive defines strategy, implementation, and execution of the major donor fundraising program, in conjunction with the President & CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This position works closely with the Mount Evans leadership on the agency's fundraising efforts through development and implementation of strategic and operational plans.
- Co-develop a detailed fundraising strategy to be approved by the Resource Development Committee and the President & CEO;
- Develop a fundraising revenue goal for individual donors and work to exceed the annual fundraising target;
- Coordinate and manage the agency's individual and major giving program, including managing major donors who give through Mount Evans fundraising events –
- Create a sophisticated pipeline that maps out new and existing donor prospects,
- Develop donor acquisition strategies, including execution of direct mail and other donor acquisition efforts,
- Identify new prospects, and cultivate/solicit new and existing prospects on a regular basis;
- Build relationships with high profile and high net worth individuals as potential donors to the organization;
- Coordinate with staff responsible for event management as well as corporate/business partnerships and foundation/trust grant relationships across the organization;
- Work with event management team to continue our strong tradition of successful fundraising at events –
- Identify and cultivate new donors from those fundraising events that bring new donor prospects to the organization;
- Participate in community networking events, Chamber of Commerce events, and service club programs;
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising progress to the Board of Directors, Resource Development Committee and senior leadership team.
- Work together within a team in establishing revenue goals for Individuals, Businesses and Foundations, and Events;
- Co-develop a fundraising strategic plan with growth projections by giving category, including detailed moves management plans for individual donors;
- Create and regularly update a Strategic Action Plan to reach those goals;
- Develop regular reporting of major donors in the fundraising lifecycle, to enable evaluation of the donor pool;
- Affirm, modify and execute a plan for donor relationship management;
- Develop and execute a strategy for the Planned Giving program.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related healthcare field;
- 7+ years fundraising experience, particularly in individual and planned gifts;
- High comfort level with donor cultivation and solicitation, including spending a majority of the work day engaged in personal meetings with new prospects and existing donors;
- High level of familiarity with fundraising software such as Donor Perfect or Raiser's Edge;
- High degree of proficiency with and ability to manage a donor pipeline in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, Word).
- Advanced degree or Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE);
- 10+ years in fundraising and/or community development;
- Home healthcare and/or hospice fundraising experience;
- Experience with public speaking desired, recognizing that 75% of this job is external and public-facing.
Applications should be submitted to: President & CEO, Charley Shimanski; email address provided. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- fundraising: 7 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off