Project Manager - Residential Remodeling
Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
Best Custom Homes is a custom home building and remodeling company based in Evergreen, Colorado. We partner with homeowners, real estate agents and architects, as well as experienced local subs, to serve customers in Evergreen and the surrounding mountain communities.
Best Custom Homes (BCH) has an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our family where home construction is not just a job, it is a passion and a calling for the people who work with us. At BCH, we pride ourselves on being transparent, honest and diligent with our homeowners. We believe that a successful jobsite is clean and organized and that professionalism in everything we do is top priority.
This position will be responsible for managing our remodeling services. This work includes coordinating and supervising subcontractors, suppliers, and trade partners; maintaining clean and professional job sites; and proactively communicating with homeowners and BCH team.
- Read, understand, and follow construction plans and blueprints.
- Review all projects daily and coordinate with co-workers, subcontractors, and vendors to organize, schedule and direct activities.
- Use our construction software, Buildertrend, to schedule tasks, update homeowners, and organize project activities and documents.
- Coordinate all applicable permits and inspections.
- Initiate change orders on behalf of the homeowner, ensure all paperwork is completed, and communicate changes to the project team as applicable.
- Assign and monitor work of the assistant PM/laborer.
- Communicate with homeowners via email, phone, and in-person on a variety of items such as selections, progress, and punch list items.
- Ensure job sites are kept clean and organized; materials are properly stored at the end of each workday; and hazards are removed. Some homeowners will live on-site during construction, and as such safety and cleanliness is of uppermost importance.
- Four years of construction project management experience that must include managing residential remodels.
- Degree in construction management or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods.
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Knowledge of proper use and safety of equipment, tools, materials, and supplies used in construction.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize, and monitor work; must possess strong internal motivation to complete tasks at the highest level with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include record-keeping.
- Work effectively as part of a team as well as individually.
- Good computer skills.
- Valid license and acceptable driving record required. Job sites are at multiple locations around Evergreen, Morrison, Genesee, Conifer, Pine, and vicinity.
- Awareness and willingness to comply with OSHA job site safety requirements.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to frequently lift or carry 20 to 75 pound.
- Ability to assist with lifting or carrying up to 120 pounds.
- Frequent standing, bending, squatting, sitting, kneeling, crawling, repetitive motion of hands and wrists, walking, and climbing.
- Typical working conditions include: outdoors in all types of weather, inside unheated areas, dusty and noisy environments, on ladders, scaffolds, and other elevated work areas.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Bonus pay
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - $100,000