Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
|Reports to:||Park Operations Manager|
|Location:||Park Operations Building|
|Status:||Part-Time 1 (20-29 hours per week)|
Nature of Work
Under the direction of Park Operations Manager, this position performs general site maintenance of park and field areas. This could include but is not limited to lining and dragging ball fields, irrigating turf, mowing, trimming and edging grass and non-irrigated park and open space terrain, removing trash and litter, cleaning and maintaining restrooms and public shelters, cleaning and maintaining outdoor courts such as basketball and tennis, and weeding and watering flower beds. Must be willing to complete assignments during inclement weather and work assigned weekend or evenings may be required.
- Maintain and inspect fields, parks and trails.
- Mow and maintain grounds.
- Inspect parks and assist in the enforcement of rules.
- Assist with snow removal of facilities, pathways, walkways, and parks.
- Help with ice maintenance, and watering of lake.
- Comply with all safety standards of the district and position.
- Must possess a highly defined focus toward both internal and external guest service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Management & Supervisory Duties
Illustrative Examples of Duties
- Set up and removal of sports field amenities, as well as playground and trail maintenance.
- Majority of the work is performed outdoors and may be exposed to extreme cold, heat, wet, snow, humid or icy conditions.
- Perform all required duties in a timely fashion.
- Ability to safely and effectively use a variety of tools including mowers (riding and push), 4-Wheeler. Shovels, pick axes, rakes, grub hoes, rock bars, pruning shears and saws, week whips and various hand tools.
- Thorough knowledge of landscaping, and operation of heavy equipment.
- Strenuous hiking and movement of heavy objects like rocks, trees and dirt. This includes stooping, bending, pushing and lifting up to 75 lbs.
Required Training, Experience & Qualifications
- Current CPR/first aid certification or receive within six months of hire.
- Completion High School Diploma or equivalent with 2 years’ experience in outdoor maintenance totaling approximately 430 hours of experience per year.
- Must possess current driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Experience in one or two of the following is strongly preferred:
- Mechanical Abilities
- Equipment Operation
- Snow Plowing