Mount Evans Seeks a Billing and Collections Clerk
We have a great opportunity available for a Billing & Collections Clerk. Come be a part of our amazing family.
Mount Evans is looking for a billing/collections clerk. The position is responsible for the accurate and timely completion and submission of Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient billing, as well as, accounts receivable tracking and follow-up.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Accurately enters/reviews patient billing date, including benefit verification and authorization, into Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software;
• Accurately processes and bills Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient claims in accordance with payer requirements and organization policy;
• Accurately posts remittances from Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient remittances into EMR software;
• Assists with the collection of receivables by monitoring accounts receivables, resubmitting bills to overdue accounts, and alerting the billing manager of seriously overdue accounts.
• Performs other specific and related duties and projects, as assigned.
Two years of Experience in health care data entry, preferably in home health care systems; one year of health care related billing experience, preferably in home health care systems; capability with IBM-compatible systems and equipment; and a High School diploma or equivalent; two year college degree/certificate preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Excel spreadsheet creation, functions and updating; strong organization skills and attention to detail; and knowledge of basic computer skills software (MS Office Suite).