Manager on Duty
Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
MOD-MANAGER ON DUTY
|Position:||MOD-Manager on Duty|
|Reports to:||Facility Specialist|
|Location:||Buchanan Recreation & Wulf Recreation Centers|
|Status:||Part-Time 2 (10-20 hours per week)|
|Hourly Wage:||$15.00-$19.85 hourly|
Nature of Work
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor-Programs, this position is responsible for the check-in, registration of classes, collection of fees for the various activities, as well as customer service to all patrons using the facility. This position acts as a sales representative for the District with responsibilities including but not limited to: providing and guiding customers to make the correct decision for what they are looking for, or directing them to the person that can inform them of all options. Depending on the location of the position, the employee could fall under any job classification status.
- Collect fees for all the various activities and day rates, playschool time
- Provides routine walkthroughs and conducts facility inspections.
- Researches, evaluates and makes recommendations for user fees including facility rental fees.
- Monitor cash handling procedures and ensure compliance; complete cash reports.
- Acts as the on duty supervisor at both Wulf and Buchanan locations when working on days when peer is not scheduled to work.
- Directs part time staff in executing their responsibilities
- Facilities and manages patron communication/feedback
- Recommends special offers, pass packaging and creates incentive programs.
- Check-in patrons/requirement of ID card - process all punch cards and passes accurately
- Issue ID cards to all appropriate people and ages
- Registration of classes
- Balance of batch at the end of shift
- Manages incoming calls, greets and directs walk-in customers, and provides general clerical and office administration
- Proper data collection and entry into the computer
- Situational awareness - responsible for knowing what is in the building and going on around you at all times
- District verses Non-District verification
- Keep workstation clean and organized
- Restock flyers, books, informational items located around the front desk/building
- Know current seasons brochure information
- Assist with room rentals, general office paperwork
- Reads and records total shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand at the end of the shift
- Provides prices and describes features of classes for which money is received
- Issues rain-checks, or issues transfer/credit/refund forms to patrons
- Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service
- Additional duties as assigned
- Oversee front desk at assigned facility.
- Operates cash register
- Greets patrons and verifies proof of ID card
- Responds to customer questions and/or directs them to the person who can answer the question
- Customer Service skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal skills to communicate well with fellow employees and customers
- Knowledge of District staff, classes and activities
- Knowledge of website and online registrations.
- Ability to operate a cash register and Active Net
- Ability to handle problems areas and conduct oneself in a mature, professional manner, with an emphasis on customer service
Required Training, Experience & Qualifications
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications or must obtain within first month of hire
- General understanding of computers and Microsoft office applications
- Six (6) months to a year of experience in similar position is preferred
*Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
The Evergreen Park & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
EPRD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.