Evergreen Park & Recreation District (EPRD)
Position: Facility Coordinator
Department: Lake House
Reports To: Recreation Supervisor-Lake House, Recreation Supervisor-Special Events
Oversees: Seasonal Employees at the Lake House (as needed)
Location: Evergreen Lake House
Status: Part Time 2
Hourly Rate: $15.50 Hourly
Schedule: Weekends & Weekday Nights
NATURE OF WORK
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor-Lake House and/or Recreation Supervisor-Special Events this position assists by performing event duties as assigned, overseeing seasonal staff, monitoring activity on the Lake, providing assistance as necessary including collecting fees for various activities, and providing customer service to all patrons at the Lake House.
- Assists in the supervision of seasonal staff and park attendants
- Helps organize staff files and other pertinent documentation related to staff trainings, etc.
- Assists and provides oversight of daily operation and seasonal activities as related to the Lake House
- Assists in hiring and scheduling of seasonal staff while adhering to all employment laws.
- Maintains employee check list for required staff trainings and certifications such as First Aid, CPR, and emergency water safety.
- Manages and maintains boating fleet and ice skating supplies including skate rentals
- Responsible for inventory management and monitoring concessions
- Provides facility tours, final walk throughs and conducts facility inspections
- Assists in answering phones and other customer inquiries
- Responsible for customer relations while managing patron communication and feedback
- Plans and implements actions to ensure the safety of patrons
- Helps organize event set-up and take-downs as needed
- Ensures EPRD policies, rules and regulations are adhered to at all times by patrons and employees
- Follows Safety Manual protocols and adheres to emergency procedures for the Lake House facility
- Inspects facility to ensure safety and while enforcing District policies
- Assists in the cash reconciliation process while maintaining proper cash handling procedures
- Monitors cash drawers and complete daily cash reports
- Assists in overseeing sailing camps and other outdoor programs, including ensuring all best practices and water safety measures are being followed at all times
- Must possess a highly defined focus toward both internal and external guest service.
- Administers first aid if needed and follows Safety Manual protocols on accident reporting procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares and assists in Lake Operations staff trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISORY DUTIES
- Directly supervises seasonal staff (skating, boating and maintenance) ,which included but not limited to hiring, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work
- Monitors the activity and safety of visitors using the Lake House facility and amenities
- Mentors and trains new/youth staff by providing guidance, direction, and support.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Operates Point of Sale (POS) and other computer systems
- Professionally greets patrons and responds to customer inquiries
- Monitors staff and ice conditions during skating and communicate any concerns to supervisor
- Prepares daily sales report, deposits, and reconciliations
- Assists in tracking and maintaining fleet management and repair
- Facilitates Room Rentals
- Backs up front desk staff for breaks, lunches, sick days, and vacation days
- Effective verbal skills to communicate with employees, coworkers and customers
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve and/or mitigate any patron feedback or issues
- Basic mathematical skills that can be used to convert change
- Ability to multi task and manage several projects in a timely fashion
- Customer Service skills
- High level of communication skills/leadership skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- General knowledge of building mechanical systems, and basic maintenance and repair or knowledge of who to call if needed
- Knowledge of District including facilities, parks, classes, events, activities, and organizational structure
- Ability to conduct oneself in a mature, professional manner, with an emphasis on customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and follow priorities
- Situational awareness – responsible for knowing what is in the building and going on around you at all times
- Multi-tasking as needed
- Ability to plan and organize staff trainings if needed
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate, assign and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role;
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications required (If not current must obtain within 1 month of hire)
- Supervisory experience preferred
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.