Bookkeeper for Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce
Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Job Location: 25997 Conifer Road, Ste. D3, Conifer, CO 80433
FLSA Status: Part-time (10 hours per week) Salary: up to $17.50/hour
The Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for a detail-oriented Bookkeeper who loves working with numbers and people. We are looking for a technically proficient candidate who has experience with QuickBooks, superb computer skills and who loves to continue learning. Experience in QuickBooks is a plus. The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Executive Director. The schedule for the Bookkeeper is a part-time, flexible schedule but may fluctuate and may be required to work some evenings, events, and weekends as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the Chamber.
- Creativity & Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve Chamber financial operations.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the organization’s effectiveness.
- Organization: set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for Membership as well as Event Sponsorships, Payroll, etc.
- Coordinate with the Board of Director’s Treasurer and Chamber Accountant to ensure quality control over financial transactions, bank statements, and financial reporting
- Count and process all revenue, expenses, and deposits from Membership Meetings, Mixers and Events
- Attend the Finance Committee as requested by the Board of Director’s Treasurer and Executive Director
- Prepare and disseminate monthly finance reports to Executive Director, BOD, and Finance Committee as needed
- Work with team to assemble items to take to meetings and events.
- Assist with the yearly budget process
- Greet visitors and handle their requests. Be attentive to those inquiring about membership in the Chamber
- Keep Chamber office clean and stocked with information of interest to our visitors as well as keeping our membership information current
- Maintain positive, helpful, and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or otherwise working with Chamber members
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties and may be amended within the nature of the job
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of previous bookkeeping or accounting experience in a membership-based organization/business preferred
- Experience in accounting software; QuickBooks preferred
- Advanced accounting and budget management skills
- A respect for confidentiality
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-oriented and flexible
- Knowledge of customer service and sales best practices including cash handling procedures and deposit processing
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize, manage, follow through and report on multiple tasks on a regular basis
- General office skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service experience, working closely with clients and the community
- Resident of the Foothills community preferred
- Previous experience working with non-profits highly preferred
- Must be able to view a computer screen and type on a computer keyboard for extended periods
- Must be able to stand, remain active, and work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions for various events
- Must be able to walk large areas as needed for various events
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events
- Must be able to exert up to 40 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects
- Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business needs and events
- Environmental conditions may vary
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 21, 2021. Please include the Job Title in the subject line of your email. Employment will be contingent upon the passing of a background check. Review of applications will begin immediately. CACC reserves the right to close the position prior to this date.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.