Recreation Supervisor-Children's Programs
Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
RECREATION SUPERVISOR- CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS
|Position:||Recreation Supervisor-Children’s Programs|
|Reports to:||Recreation Manager|
|Hourly Wage:||$56,000-$80,000 Annually|
NATURE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Recreation Manager, the Recreation Supervisor-Children’s Programs is responsible for the daily management of all applicable programs related to the development of children residing within the Evergreen community. This position is responsible for the future development of programs meant to bolster the academic and physical growth of its participants.
- Oversight of daily operation activities of all applicable children’s programs.
- Hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and evaluating all assigned employees.
- Delegate authority in order to achieve defined goals.
- Maintain accountability for revenue and expenses related to the functional areas of responsibility.
- Develop and coordinate competitive and viable programs in order to incrementally increase children’s programs attendance and community viability.
- Interface with other EPRD departments in order to achieve development goals while establishing and maintaining clear communicational objectives.
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager in order to create informative departmental newsletters, brochures and information packets.
- Possess a comprehensive and concise knowledge of Evergreen Parks and Recreation Department’s (EPRD) policies and procedures.
- Coordinate monthly applicable emergency drills.
- Maintain scheduling oversight in order to ensure functional staffing ratios are applicable and consistent.
- Coordinate and arrange for the monthly inspection of all vehicles related to the function areas of responsibility.
- Act and serve as a liaison between parents and applicable members of assigned staff.
- Administer medication(s) to program participants as necessary and appropriate.
- Must possess a highly defined focus toward both internal and external guest service.
- Maintain licensing standards in order to ensure programs are following state licensing rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Daily supervision of all assigned employees.
- Recruit, select, hire, train, develop, discipline and dismiss (if necessary) assigned staff.
- Responsible for the timely and fair completion of annual performance reviews.
- Schedule, attend and facilitate all staff meetings.
- Conduct one on one meetings with staff members as needed.
- Review and approve all entries in staff time database.
- Implement all EPRD policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Prepare long range, viable plans for assigned area of functional responsibility and needs assessment for the functional areas of responsibility.
- Monitors registration and attendance of classes and programs; assess feasibility and public interest; cancel classes and programs as necessary.
- Implement Risk Management plans, allowing for a safe environment for employees and participants.
- Review and administer budget on a consistent, regular basis.
- Evaluates programs to effectively meet community needs and to ensure maximum utilization of staff, resources and equipment.
- Update and oversee activity of calendars as related to various age ranges.
- Coordinate usage schedule of applicable facilities, including, but not limited, to the Lakehouse, daycare, and recreational swimming pool.
- Remain in contact with participants parents in order to promote positive community relationships.
- Serve as counselor during the Before and After School program – as needed.
- Substitute as counselor and/or driver in the event of employee absence as related to the functional areas of responsibility.
- Maintain supervisory oversight as related to the child care program.
- Oversee procurement of supplies as related to the functional area of responsibility.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of statistical and tabular reports and records.
- Interface with various local organizations and schools in order to assist in the functional development and improvement of new and existing children’s programs.
- Provide essential preparatory training to staff for state licensing regulations.
- Fundamental management, administration, budgeting, purchasing, personnel and financial skills necessary to effectively manage applicable programs.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to interact on a regular basis with the community and parents of program participants.
- Must possess conflict resolution skill as applied to issues regarding and relating to children and youth.
- Must be highly motivated, organized and creative.
- Thorough knowledge of modern principles, methods, practices and equipment relating to the functional areas of responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards relating to the functional areas of responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting practices, methods and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of park amenities, including pool and lake house.
- Thorough knowledge of issues relating to and pertaining to children.
- Ability to plan, direct, supervise and evaluate programs, assess overall district effectiveness in exercising its mission.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences, including the district as a whole.
- Ability to input, obtain output, analyze and interpret data using computers and any applicable software.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise reports, studies and statistics.
- Ability to establish and follow priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate, assign and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, civic organizations, community agencies, parents and the general public
- Must possess a (4) year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the field of Recreation, Elementary education, P.E. or related field.
- Must meet Director qualifications for the State of Colorado
- Current CPR and AED Training
- First Aid certification.
- Universal Precaution certification.
- Medical Administration certification.
- Must maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or obtain one within 3 months of starting
- Complete state licensing and annual training.
The Evergreen Park & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
EPRD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.