Doing business locally helps stimulate the economy all the while fostering a stronger small business climate. Our business directory has over 575 members and is accessible by category or name search to assist you with all your needs.
Evergreen Lake House
Recreation Supervisor-Outdoor Programming & Recreation Supervisor-Special Events
Evergreen Lake House
Nature of Work
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor-Outdoor Programming & Recreation Supervisor-Special Events, this position assists in the supervision for private and public events at the Evergreen Lake House, overseeing seasonal staff, responsible for monitoring activities on the Lake, collecting fees for various activities including boating and ice skating, and providing outstanding customer service to all patrons and visitors at the Lake House and surrounding park area.
- Assists in the hiring, scheduling, training and supervision of seasonal lake house staff and park attendants.
- Provides supports and oversight of daily operations and seasonal activities as related to the Lake House operations (i.e. manages opening and closing shifts as needed).
- Maintains employee check list for required staff trainings and certifications such as First Aid, CPR, and emergency water safety.
- Assists supervisors with staff files and other pertinent documentation related to staff trainings, etc.
- Monitors and assists in the cash reconciliation process while also helping to complete daily cash reports.
- Prepares reports to assist in the budgeting process.
- Manages program registrations and interfaces with Active Net; administers online and in person registration processes.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and maintaining inventory list for the Lake House and Parks department.
- Assists and helps monitor inventory management of boating fleet, ice skating equipment, and food concessions.
- Develops more revenue driven concessions as well as in house merchandise sales program.
- Improves data collection of visitors (i.e. tallying private boaters entering each day).
- Helps organize event set-up and take-downs as needed.
- Provides facility tours to patrons.
- Serves as a backup during reserved events and provides support for facility walkthroughs.
- Assists and supports the Recreation Supervisor-Outdoor Programming and Recreation Supervisor-Special Events with Lake House events (i.e. summer concert series, hockey tournaments, weddings, and event showcase).
- Provides additional support, allowing the Recreation Supervisor-Special Events to focus on growing and developing current events.
- Inspects the facility following events to assess damage, while also assessing that it has been properly cleaned.
- Assists in answering phones and other customer inquiries, while managing patron communication and feedback.
- Must possess a highly defined focus toward both internal and external guest service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Management & Supervisory Duties
- Assists in the supervision of seasonal staff (skating, boating and maintenance), which included but not limited to hiring, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work.
- Monitors the activity and safety of visitors using the Lake House facility and amenities.
- Mentors and trains new/youth staff by providing guidance, direction, and support.
Illustrative Examples of Duties
- Operates Point of Sale (POS) and other computer systems.
- Professionally greets patrons and responds to customer inquiries.
- Monitors staff and ice conditions during skating and communicate any concerns to supervisor.
- Prepares daily sales report, deposits, and reconciliations.
- Assists in tracking and maintaining fleet management and repairs.
- Effective verbal skills to communicate with employees, coworkers and customers
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve and/or mitigate any patron feedback or issues
- Basic mathematical skills that can be used to convert change
- Ability to multi task and manage several projects in a timely fashion
- Customer Service skills
- High level of communication skills/leadership skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- General knowledge of building mechanical systems, and basic maintenance and repair or knowledge of who to call if needed
- Knowledge of District including facilities, parks, classes, events, activities, and organizational structure
- Ability to conduct oneself in a mature, professional manner, with an emphasis on customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and follow priorities
- Situational awareness – responsible for knowing what is in the building and going on around you at all times
- Multi-tasking as needed
- Ability to plan and organize staff trainings if needed
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate, assign and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel
Required Training, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role;
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications required (If not current must obtain within 1 month of hire)
- Supervisory experience preferred.
*Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
The Evergreen Park & Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
EPRD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.